People are your organisation's most valuable asset
People I Culture I Performance – Executive HR Expertise from Spectrum
People are the biggest single item on almost every company’s budget.
This is perhaps not surprising, as the talent strategy is the critical success factor for any fast-growth technology organisation in creating enterprise value.
And yet it can be difficult to get the people aspect right, and to effectively measure the return on your investment in talent.
This is particularly so for scale-up organisations for whom recruiting a full-time HR Director seems premature. You may have a CFO to look after the money, but no HRD to look after the people.
Spectrum’s solution to this paradox is to provide clients with an HR leader from our pool of highly experienced, commercial, board-level, sector specialist HR advisors on a flexible, ‘on-demand’ basis.
The HR advisor works with the Board, CEO and Executive Team to understand their strategy and objectives, provide additional input to those elements, and thereby help drive company performance and growth through the development of its key asset (the performance of its people).
Building a scalable HR infrastructure that optimises enterprise value – whilst retaining the culture of the company, and the alignment of its people – is a strategic task, but one which requires agile, practical ‘real-world’ solutions.
Our approach is to recommend impactful solutions which are delivered to a clear strategy; preventing the severe issues that disjointed or isolated remedial actions often lead to.
We don’t just advise, we can deliver too: as-and-when needed throughout an organisation’s lifecycle.
Important aspects of a people-led framework can include:
- Deliver strategic HR knowledge to the board
- Act as a trusted advisor (business partner) and ‘sounding board’ for the CEO
- Help identify strengths and weaknesses within the organisation, and recommend solutions
- Create team alignment to the purpose, vision, and core values of the business – the starting point for any people strategy
- Establish the Organisation Design. Define the output for each role, how roles interact, and expected behaviours. Align to the company strategy
- Articulate a meaningful Employer Value Proposition, including a Reward Strategy (Scheme) that drives enterprise value as well as individual and team performance
- Create a robust but agile performance framework that drives results
- Build a planned recruitment and assessment programme to include structured interviewing and comprehensive referencing that enables efficient scaling
- Develop a retention strategy to keep hold of core talent within the business, to include personal career development plans
- Implement an HR MIS system that is compatible with the Finance system for planning and cost purposes
- Create an Internal Employee Communications Strategy incorporating effective feedback mechanisms