Digital Transformation Leadership Dinner, May 2022
On the evening of 10th May, Spectrum, Silverpeak, the technology investment bank, and Squire Patton Boggs the global law firm, co-hosted a Digital Transformation Leadership Dinner.
We brought together 15 senior executives and board members for a ‘Chatham House rule’ discussion on the digital transformation and IT services landscape during a private dinner in Central London.
The key points of debate and discussion were:
- The barriers to digital adoption, including provider and client-side people capability, and the lack of understanding of how to best utilise technology post transformation
- The definition of digital transformation, including the position of the customer in the centre of any programme, the drive to simplicity and efficiency, and the replacement of legacy systems
- The 3rd wave of digital transformation being data (the 1st being digital and front end, and the 2nd being infrastructure)
- The potential for data implications and security risk to hold back digital transformation
- The role of the pandemic in demonstrating what is possible in digital transformation in a short space of time
- The people challenges: attrition, salary inflation, generational expectations and the challenges and opportunities associated with M&A