HealthTech Leadership Dinner, November 2018
On the evening of 13th November, Spectrum, Silverpeak, the technology investment bank, and Wiggin, the technology law firm, co-hosted a HealthTech Leadership Dinner.
We brought together 16 senior executives and board members for a ‘Chatham House rule’ discussion on the rapidly-emerging HealthTech landscape during a private dinner in Central London.
The key points of debate and discussion were:
- The role of data in HealthTech
- The need for HealthTechs to deliver better patient outcomes and economic impact
- To be successful, HealthTechs require adoption, and that necessitates behavioural change
- It can be easier to launch HealthTechs in the US and Scandinavia, than in the UK
- Although, paradoxically, US HealthTechs like the UK market to run trials
- If HealthTechs become NHS suppliers, that adds massive shareholder value
- ‘Pull’ can be created by a direct to consumer strategy
- The HealthTech market is unique in the technology sector due to the emotion and ethics involved
- HealthTechs must collaborate with the NHS, and work with it to achieve the right solutions
- It is imperative that HealthTech business models add value to the NHS
To register your interest in attending future events, please contact Sarah Rush at Spectrum.