Our retained client is a major provider of on-line payments technology for companies and individuals, based in Brussels. They are actively seeking to hire a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to lead and manage the security of the organisation from both an operational and product perspective.
The CISO will lead and manage the security and risk management support for the organisation. They will be responsible for information security strategies and programmes, and for developing and monitoring good practices to ensure the organisation’s administrative, product and customer information is secure and protected from unauthorised access.
The CISO will be based in the head office in Brussels, reporting directly to the CEO in a senior staff position, and will work in close partnership with the leadership team.
The role carries a salary of up to €139,000 per annum, with an attractive package including bonus (up to 20%), car allowance, generous pension scheme, medical insurance and other benefits.
- Develop and maintain global security strategies and policies, including security architecture and risk road-mapping
- Develop quarterly, annual and longer-term strategic and financial plans in the area of information security and lead the organisation in achieving those goals
- Develop a disciplined firm-wide culture of information security
- Review new systems designs and modifications for security implications
- Represent the organisation’s security interests to the public
- Build and support awareness internally across the organisation and its suppliers and develop and train an internal peer network
- Manage large-scale incidents and threats and support ad hoc trouble shooting
- Communicate security issues and tactical and strategic progress to management, clients and stakeholders and be representative on boards and committees as required
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in information security management, ideally for a large corporate, or within a corporate consulting background
- Subject matter expert in the area of information security
- Strong working knowledge of the law and standards in the area of information security
- Exceptional oral and written skills: be articulate and persuasive and able to communicate security issues to wide range of audiences
- Able to filter and synthesise a wide range of security related matters and prioritise
- Strong negotiation and change management skills: be experienced in business continuity planning, security auditing, risk management and contract and vendor negotiation
- Degree educated, ideally in computer science or IT management
- CISSP and CISM membership highly desirable
Potentially interested executives are invited to submit their CVs in complete confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2017